Online Workshop: Producing Great Podcasts
NEXT START DATE:
May 3, 2011
ONLINE WORKSHOP GOAL:
Bring the elements of a great podcast together & produce your first podcast.
Anyone looking to create amazing podcasts.
“The best course I’ve ever taken online.”
Producing Great Podcasts
In this three-part live online certificate, you will learn and practice the practical skills and techniques you need to produce high-quality, highly engaging audio and video podcasts. This certificate offers concrete approaches for bringing each of the elements of a great podcast together. You’ll complete the course with your first podcast recorded, edited and posted on your very own podcasting site!This next edition of this online certificate program begins May 3, 2011.
Facilitator:Jonathan Finkelstein, CSTP, Facilitator, Author, Learning in Real Time, Executive Producer, LearningTimes.
In this four-part live online certificate, you will learn and practice effective, practical and creative strategies and techniques for the live online environment. Concrete approaches for synchronous facilitation abound, as do ideas for the design of real-time activities that take learning and collaborating online to a whole new level.
In addition to basic podcasting skills, this certificate program will explore how to:
- Establish a concept and brand for your podcast series.
- Develop a sustainable format. Include appropriate calls to action.
- Choose and develop a persona and establish the podcast’s personality.
- Use podcasts to foster a growing sense of community.
- Interact with listeners and include audience feedback.
- Include remote guests.
- Use real-world, free and low-cost tools to produce your audio and video podcasts.
- Set up and host a home page and presence for your podcasts.
About the Facilitator:
This workshop will be led by industry pioneer Jonathan Finkelstein, founder of the CSTP program, executive producer of LearningTimes, and author of Learning in Real Time (Wiley / Jossey-Bass). Few people have spent more time in real-time online learning environments facilitating and working with others to create effective learning experiences worthy of the live online medium.
Learning in Real Time translates fifteen years of experience facilitating online learning into a practical resource guide for anyone facilitating or teaching online. Jonathan also authored the chapter on live online outreach in the The Digital Museum: A Think Guide, published by the American Association of Museums. Jonathan can be seen as the host of the Real Time Minute, MuseumTimes, and the Online Teaching and Learning podcast series, and is the executive producer of the LT Green Room. He is the moderator and producer of countless live webcasts, online conferences and 3D virtual world events for museum and education professionals. Jonathan, the son of two New York City public school teachers, is a Certified Synchronous Training Professional (CSTP) and received his AB degree with honors from Harvard University.
Online Course Schedule:
- Session 1: Tuesday, May 3, 2011
- Session 2: Friday, May 6, 2011
- Session 3: Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Each session is 75-90 minutes in length.
All sessions start at 2:00 pm Eastern Time (New York time). See below for the time of the sessions listed in various time zones:
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm Pacific Time (PT)
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Mountain Time (MT)
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Central Time (CT)
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm Eastern Time (ET)
Look up times in other cities. Live sessions will be recorded for those who wish to go back and review or who must miss a live session.
Register for this certificate program now to reserve a virtual seat. See below.
Train as a Team and Save!For questions on group discounts, call 888.222.9749, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Early Bird Registration on/Before April 3, 2011: US$645
- Registration After April 3, 2011: US$795