LearningTimes and TAP Information Services invite librarians, library staff, vendors, graduate students, and developers to submit program proposals related to the topic of mobile library services for the Handheld Librarian 4 conference.
TAP Information Services invite librarians, library staff, vendors, graduate students, and developers to submit program proposals related to the topic of mobile library services for the Handheld Librarian 4
online conference (HHL4).
The event will be held on February 23 and 24, 2011 and feature keynote presentations by digital information pundits Peter Brantley, Jeremy Kemp and Lee Rainey.
Thousands of library and education professionals have participated in previous events – it’s time for you to contribute to the conversation! Submit your proposal
by December 15, 2010.
Prefer to participate? Registration
is now open with special early bird rates for individuals and groups.
The Handheld Librarian 4 online conference will feature highly interactive, live sessions, as well as recorded content and relevant resources. We are interested in a broad range of submissions that highlight current, evolving and future issues in mobile library services. HHL4 will also feature a program track with presentations by graduate library students.
Presentations may include, but are not limited to, the following program tracks:
- location-based social networking
- augmented reality
- device and OS trends
- QR codes
mobile trend spotting
- mobile technologies impacting society
- web/app development best practices
Submit your proposal
by December 15, 2010. Online presentations may be conducted in one of four formats:
- a 45-minute live online session (i.e. synchronous webcast)
- a 15 minute student presentation ***
- a 10 minute live online session or
- a pre-recorded presentation (i.e. narrated web tour or slides)
***time will be reserved for students enrolled in library science programs at accredited institutions
View a few great examples
of presentation during HHL3.
You will be notified by January 15, 2011, if your proposal has been accepted.
Conference registration fees are waived for speakers. Presenters are expected to:
- Conduct your session using Adobe Connect (computer, Internet, mic required)
- Provide a digital photo of yourself for the conference website
- Respond to questions from attendees
- Attend an online 30-60 minute training on Adobe Connect prior to the conference.
View more news items from this year
Previous Article Next Article